Digital Workflow 2
End the frustration of unpredictable colour output. Now more than ever before as an artist or designer you can take control and get the colour you want. Long acknowledged as one of the biggest problems in digital imaging, many of the difficulties in reproducing colour from the computer screen to the off-set press or even a desktop printer can be addressed through colour management.
As the graphics industry moves towards ICC standardization colour management is no longer just a theory or even an option; it is there working behind the scenes changing the look of your files. Take control of your colour by learning about ICC profiles, how they are used and how they fit in your image production workflow.
This workshop will introduce you to the core concepts of colour management and how they can be used to build a solid working foundation for all your image-related tasks.
Who should take Digital Workflow 2?
This workshop will benefit everyone from the serious amateur photographer to the pre-press professional.
- May 8, Wednesday, 6:00 to 9:00 pm - 3 hours
- Photoshop Basics or a minimum 1 year experience using Adobe Photoshop.
What will I learn?
- Colour match from screen to print
- Monitor Calibration
- Colour mangement policies in popular applications
- Installing ICC Profiles in MAC and Windows platforms
- How to work with ICC Profiles in Adobe Photoshop
- Setting up colour managed workflows for print and web
What software will I learn?
Students use Macintosh computers and the following application: